Zokal Safety Servicing will continue regular servicing throughout the Coronavirus Crisis. We will be taking special precautions to prevent transmission of the virus.
Based on information and guidelines from Australian health authorities and the World Health
Organisation (WHO) regarding COVID-19, we have initiated a comprehensive business continuity plan to protect our people and business continuity.
We are actively monitoring the situation via the Australian Government Department of Health with an overriding duty of care to our team and stakeholders. Our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, suppliers and visitors.
Therefore our policy includes:
- If any Zokal team members, or their immediate family or household members, have travelled internationally, they must immediately isolate themselves for 14 days from the date of their return. They may return to work at the end of 14 days self-isolation if they are showing no symptoms;
- If Zokal team members develop any of the identified symptoms, they are to seek immediate medical attention. They may not return to work until we have a medical certificate clearing them for work;
- If they have contact with a person with suspected COVID-19, they must immediately isolate themselves and work from home for 14 days. They may return to work at the end of 14 days self-isolation if they are showing no symptoms, or earlier if the suspected case has been confirmed as having tested negative for COVID-19;
- If they have contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19, they must immediately isolate themselves and work from home for 14 days. They will not be permitted to come back to work until they are declared medically fit and have provided a medical clearance certifying them free of COVID-19.
All staff at Zokal Safety Australia must adopt good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the coronavirus from spreading. Good hygiene practices include:
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- properly disposing of tissues
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- If you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres away from people
Zokal technicians will:
- Wash their hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
- Wash their hands with sanitiser prior to commencing inspection and service functions.
- Sanitised all clients equipment on completion of work.
- Wash hands with sanitiser on completion of work prior to leaving your site.