Confined Space Advanced
Confined Space Advanced – 3 Day Program
National units of competency
- PUASAR025A – Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 – Observe Permit work
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Application and Relevance
This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and is also appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles at a much higher level to the 2 day course. This course covers the competency required to participate in rescue operations as a member of an emergency rescue team (ERT). This program covers a higher level of rescue in more complex confined space environments involving operator injury or issues with fire.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to enter confined spaces as part of an emergency rescue team, provide basic emergency life support in a challenging environment.Topics include and are not limited to all those covered in the 2 day course plus:
- Organisational policies and procedures
- Capabilities and limitations of rescue equipment
- Search and recovery techniques
- Casualty handling techniques
- Environmental hazards
- Manual handling
- Personal hygiene
- Administration of basic emergency life support
- Procedures for reporting injuries and accidents
- Relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Ropes and knots
- Safety precautions
- Initiating and conducting confined space rescues in a multiple of roles to successfully extract a victim using a number of entries and exits from a vessel. Includes vertical and horizontal rescue.
Training conducted by experienced confined space and rescue specialists
Up to 24 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2/3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved