Confined Spaces Refresher
Confined Spaces Refresher – 8 Hours
National units of competency
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER205 – Enter confined space
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 – Observe Permit work
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSMPER300 – Issue work permits
- MSMWHS201 – Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMWHS200 – Work safely
- PUASAR025A – Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Personnel attending this course must have a current ‘Confined Spaces’ qualification which shows the COMPETENCIES they have been trained in. Students will only receive recognition for the units of competency they have been previously awarded.
Application and Relevance
This course is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections and also is appropriate for those performing sentry or stand-by person roles with emergency rescue team backup. The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s confined space operations. It is designed to teach participants how to identify confined space hazards, how to work safely within confined spaces according to an issued permit and how to operate various confined space safety equipment.
Course content as per the intermediate and advanced course to complement units previously gained.Topics include and are not limited to:
- Assessing and applying procedures for confined space entry
- Applying work instructions and agreed procedures
- Applying safety requirements
- Confirming entry permit meets regulatory requirements
- Confirming the emergency response procedure is with the stand-by person and understood
- Legal Requirements of the standby person
- Implement signage and barrier requirements
- Select tools and equipment for the task
- Positioning of rescue equipment by the entry point
- Ensuring the atmosphere is tested and monitored
- Tagging and lock-out procedures
- Enter the confined space correctly
- Maintaining communication with the stand-by person
- Complying with entry permit requirements
- Exit the confined space correctly
- Recover, clean and check tools, equipment and materials
- Conduct inspection of the confined space and secure
- Remove tagging and lock-out
- Accurately complete confined space entry permit
- Remove barriers and signs
Training conducted by experienced confined space and rescue specialists
Up to 8 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
A previously issued Statement of Attainment within the last 2 years.
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved