Participate in a Rescue Operation
Participate in a Rescue Operation – 1 Day
National Units of Competency
- PUASAR022A – Participate in a Rescue Operation
Application and Relevance
This course covers the competency required to participate in rescue operations as a member of an emergency rescue team (ERT). This program covers a higher level of rescue in more complex confined space environments involving operator injury or issues with fire. The application of this unit in the workplace covers a wide range of rescue and environmental situations.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to enter confined spaces as part of an emergency rescue team, provide basic emergency life support in a challenging environment.
Topics include and are not limited to all those covered in the 2 day course plus:
- Rescue operation and task information received
- Rescue equipment identified
- Appropriate PPE selected
- Associated hazards and risks discussed
- Rescue scene reconnaissance and risks identified
- Communication techniques and terminology
- Personnel and specialist equipment requirements
- Casualty search and identification
- Access to incident and/or casualties is gained
- Casualties are prepared for removal and extricated
- Incident scene constantly monitored for hazards
- Hygiene precautions are implemented
- Equipment recovery
- Preserve the incident scene and collect evidence
- Signs and symptoms of operational stress recognized
- Operational debriefing and operational documentation
Training conducted by experienced rescue and CPR specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s live LV operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility
Participants require refresher training every 12 months in order to maintain satisfactory levels of emergency preparedness and stay current in CPR.
Zokal – 2 day Enter Confined Space Course or the equivalent units of competence as those listed from another RTO acquired within the previous two years.
- MSAPMPER205C – Enter Confined Spaces or RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- MSAPMPER200C – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
- MSAPMPER202A – Observe Permit work
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct Local Risk Control
- MSAPMOHS216A – Operate Breathing Apparatus
- MSAPMOHS217A – Gas Test Atmospheres
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2/3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 8
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved