Work Safely & Risk Control
Work Safely & Risk Control – ½ Day
National units of competency
- MSMWHS200 – Work safely
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
Application and Relevance
On completion of this unit, the worker will be able to identify Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) hazards, and assess risk, as well as follow instructions and procedures in the workplace with minimal supervision. The worker will also be capable of participating in and contributing to OHS management issues.
This competency applies to all workers as they carry out their normal day to day activities in a safe manner in compliance with legislative requirements and their duty of care.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Cthe identification of hazards and hazardous areas
- Cmethods for assessing risk
- Cthe identification of standard controls for the hazards
- Ca simple evaluation of the effectiveness of the controls
- Can awareness of the need for further action
- Cthe rights and responsibilities of employees under the OHS legislation
- Cmanagement systems and procedures for OHS
- Cthe hierarchy of control
- Chazard policies, procedures and information
- Csafety procedures
- Cemergency, fire and accident procedures
- Cemergency procedures for handling hazardous materials
- Cconsequences of inappropriate handling of hazardous materials.
- Clocate, understand and follow workplace OHS procedures
- Cidentify and interpret signs and symbols, including emergency alarms
- Crecognise hazards common to the industry and in their own workplace
- Clocate sources of OHS information within the workplace
- Cselect and use personal protective clothing and equipment
- Ccorrectly use equipment for handling of chemicals/materials
- Cinterpret and apply relevant Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Training conducted by experienced hazard specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s manual handling operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility
There are no prerequisite units..
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved