Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials
Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials – 1/2 Day
- MEM13003B – Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials
Application and Relevance
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances, including identifying requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances; confirming site incident procedures; and selecting handling techniques. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements are applicable to this unit.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Identifying dangerous goods/hazardous substances (from labels, IMDG markings, HAZCHEM signs and other relevant identification criteria)
- Identifying and selecting the safely requirements for handling dangerous goods/hazardous substances
- Maintaining workplace records and documentation
- Determining (any) required permits
- Identifying job and site hazards and planning work to minimise risks
- Selecting appropriate equipment and work systems including personal protection equipment
- Estimating weight and dimensions of load and any special requirements
- Identifying and assessing handling and storage precautions and requirements for dangerous goods/hazardous substances
Training conducted by experienced hazard specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s dangerous goods/hazardous substances operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility.
There are no prerequisite units..
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved