Work Safety at Heights
Work Safety at Heights – 1 Day
National units of competency
- RIIWHS204D – Work Safety at Heights
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct Local Risk Control
This competency applies to operators who are required to have the necessary practical skills and theoretical understanding to undertake work at height on a broad range of structures in differing environments across a broad variety of industries. The participant through a combination of theory and practical will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to work safely in a broad range of situations using the various types of fall protection equipment. Emergency response and heights rescue using a variety of techniques for varying situations will be covered. This unit of competence is aligned with the AS1891 with clear focus on compliance with the current codes of practice. It is also a great work at heights refresher course.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Regulations and legislation
- Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
- What defines ’work at height’
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint and fall arrest systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Compliance, strengths and characteristics of height safety equipment
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Emergency procedures including rescue
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Identifying the work requirements
- Accessing and installing equipment
- Performing work at heights
- Cleaning up the work area
Training conducted by experienced confined space and rescue specialists
Up to 8 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
Public Courses Full Day $197.00 per person. Half Day $147.00 per person
For Group Bookings, please contact our office
All equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
It is considered best practice to undertake refresher training every 1-3 years.
There are no prerequisite units. Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
Use the Link provided to assess your Foundation Skill level. http://lln.safework.com.au/
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clothing appropriate for the workplace. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Course Enquiries and Registration
For all course enquiries or to obtain a price to hold this training at your site, please contact our Training Team on (02) 4960 9611. If participants require additional or more specific information please contact us as we are happy to customise the content or the duration to suit the needs of you and your staff. You may register online or alternatively you can fax your registration form to (02) 4960 9622. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
© 2018 Zokal Safety Australia. All rights reserved