Zokal Safety Training will continue regular training throughout the Coronavirus Crisis. We will be taking special precautions to keep students safe.
Given the current information, Zokal Safety Training has implemented the following protection measures and will continually update these as the situation progresses:
- Student sign in sheets will be suspended until further notice. Signing in and out will be undertaken verbally (and recorded by a Zokal employee)
- All Zokal Safety Training staff and trainers have successfully completed the Australian Governments COVID-19 infection control training.
- Every course will commence with a lesson & demonstration on correct hand washing and hand sanitising.
- Class sizes will be limited to allow for required physical distancing
- Well-ventilated open-air classroom
- Each classroom, lunchroom and practical area will have a hygiene station (with hand sanitizer, tissues and disinfecting wipes)
- Tea and coffee making facilities will be suspended until future notice. Students are encouraged to bring their own thermos.
- Lunch will still be provided in separate lunch bags.
- Training equipment used for practical application etc, is disinfected before and after use by all operators.
- Classroom doors will be left open to reduce the need to touch door handles.
- All desks, counters and common areas will be disinfected on a daily basis including door handles, fridge doors, lunch area tables etc.
- Information regarding preventing transmission of the virus i.e. hand washing etc has been placed in all common areas.
As a student, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not attend any training courses at our facility:
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 must not attend any courses until they have been provided with medical clearance
- People who have travelled in the last 14 days prior to their course date to a country or region at High or Moderate risk for COVID-19
- Those who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been directed to self-quarantine for 14 days
- As of midnight 15th March 2020, all people entering Australia must self-quarantine for 14 days, and not attend a training course with Zokal Safety Training
We would like to remind our clients and students that the Australian Government has declared a 14-day self-quarantine for overseas travelers. If you have been overseas you must self-quarantine for 14 days from the date you left the overseas country.
There are 5 ways we can all help stop the spread of viruses:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
Zokal has taken all the necessary precautions and training will be conducted as normal with appropriate safeguards in place. If you need to reschedule any of your booked training, please contact us on 0249 609 611 or email [email protected]